Each one should use whatever gift he has
received to serve others, faithfully
administering God's grace in its various forms.
1 Peter 4:10


Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Scented Embossing Powder

I've been busy trying to round up projects to work on at our stamping retreat this weekend. We are also having our monthly demonstrators club out there. We do a swap and I also give a challenge sketch for each month. This is what I came up with for the Mojo Monday Sketch. It looked like this...

I drew some inspiration from cards I had seen on Stampin' Connection (a demonstrators online site with over 200,000 samples!!) But ended up changed so much, I couldn't say who really inspired me.  The Mouthwatering is a great summer set - and since it has been colder this week, I'm really hoping it'll warm up again soon! I embossed the cherries with the cherry embossing powder that is in the mini catalog which ends APRIL 30th so you won't want to miss out on any cute things in there! I was a little hesistant at first of the cherry embossing powder because I thought it would be SOOO strong on the cards from the way the container smelled. But it smells GREAT! My husband even thought it smelled great...and was rather amazed you could have cards SMELL :)
Stamps: Mouthwatering
Ink: Lucky Limeade marker, Calypso Coral
Paper: Lucky Limeade, Whisper White, Calypso Coral cardstock, 2011-2013 In Colors DSP
Misc: Scallop Squares Duo die, Lucky Limeade ruffled ribbon, 3/4 in circle punch


3 comments:

  1. I may not copy a specific card but I get my inspiration from all the cards that I see on the SU demo website and the stamping blogs that I view in my Google Reader. It is pure joy for me is to sit with my SU friends at Card Class or Demo Club. I love my SU friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this one Angie - makes me think SUMMER! Envious of the day you spent getting ready for classes and retreat! Looking forward to a stamping weekend with SU friends!

      Delete
  2. Wow! Angie . . . this is truly a cute card! I like the way you punched the cherries . . . such a clean look.

    ReplyDelete